Mental Illness Labels
Holy Shit, this is an incredible piece of work!!!!
The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.♥️It started with a wink and a gorgeous smile, on the Sparkling Planet we planted a seed. And from out of its poetic soul, the most beautiful idea was conceived.🌹
It was watered by a couples romantic raindrops, and shined on daily by their love rays. Fertilized by the strongest of relationships, a flower was created that day.
But this wasn’t your garden variety flower, it was much more special than that. A plant of pure romance named Rosa, and this rose was a treat to look at.
A stem equipped with green leafs, it stood rather sturdy and stout. A thorn protruding from each side, only to let you know this rose would stick out.
Rose petals made like wings, all of them with a dark red tint. Each outlined in gold, when the…
View original post 184 more words
Poetry and music: a collaboration with my dear friend Ankit my love, i speak to you through centuries of pain trees are spinning barren branches in the air when loneliness rains on blue hills i crush my heart so yours can still beat listen ocean waves embrace the moon’s pale chest instead of tears i […]
FFP’s Writing Challenge!
a list of the contents in the trash bin belonging to Mr. Nadir Habte:
- one set of sweat-soaked, piss-wetted, blood-stained bed sheets
- one shattered bedside lamp and light bulb
- seven used tissues–all drenched in mucus and tears, some speckled with blood
- glass shards from a broken bathroom wall mirror
- scraps cut from a length of medical gauze
- three plastic-wrapped, unopened packs of Winstons–all branded with the slogan: “Winston tastes good like a cigarette should”
- near-full pack of Oreo Double Stuf
- half-eaten bag of Jet-Puffed Jumbo Marshmallows
- three egg shells
- one apple core
- two used tea bags
- one empty bottle of Visine
- receipt and tags cut from new pair of Nike jogging shoes
- plastic seal ripped from the lid of a tube of Banana Boat Sunscreen SPF 50
- packaging from a set of sweatbands, (2 wrist bands and 1 headband)
a list of items on the night stand belonging to Mr…
View original post 126 more words
I wrote this on my Facebook, and I’m putting it everywhere. There’s so many people who loved and followed this family, and I think it’s a collective pain, though pales in comparison to what Stacey and Bill and so many parents have and are experiencing. I have followed the story of Tripp, Stacey, and Bill for years. They have been such a source if inspiration and love for me to see. I remember donating to these same charities as I was in recovery before. I’m so sad to hear of Tripp’s passing, and I don’t want to send only prayers when I can help in any small way.
I just figure anything to shed some light on dark days is worth it. I’m going to hug my kids a little tighter today.
Also my local food bank: Pennridge FISH
Sue’s writing is profoundly beautiful and inspiring. I’ve missed her on my hiatus! Check her out!! ❤
When I was a very young child, my brain and mind were free and open to see and create beautiful visions for my life. I had a lifetime to make my dreams come true.
There was no box.
After a few years passed and the abuse began, I saw the box and visited it occasionally to protect myself from the pain caused from the outside world I knew.
This box was always visible to me, but I could still get out the box.
After I gave birth to my first child, a large box swallowed me whole, entrapping me inside. The box encompassed me, leaving no windows of hope to see through. My life and view of the world became very dark.
Eventually, I found a glimmer of hope. The light started shining in and I had hope again.
When I found hope, my window gradually increased in size until…
View original post 642 more words
Sometimes if you blend in, you won’t notice how lonely you are. It started out as a frozen round planet, you came and warmed it to the core. Your heart melted the ice itself, but you yourself did so much more. Water came down like a monsoon, to the surface from the sky. The planet miraculously thawed out, as the crystalized clouds began to dry.
The trees had sprouted green leaves, and the roses bloomed in the shapes of hearts. Magic was in the atmosphere, and the Queen had made her mark. I have come so far to find you, that’s exactly what the song says. My heart is in your hands and I can’t get you out of my head.
Love me like you do my friend, and drive this Joker Wild. You have a million ways to do it, but all you really have to…
View original post 270 more words
Where philosophy meets poetry and creates something divine. Follow JokersWild ❤️❤️❤️
I‘m lost in a cold and cruel world, among violence, sorrow and neglect. Surrounded by high priced drug dealers on the streets, anorexic models, pimps and rejects. The crooks are still robbing people, but the good seem to be doing it more. The police are looked at as enemies, and the rich are complaining more than the poor.
Teenagers are out having babies, while kids are on the streets selling drugs. Twenty-five percent want to be doctors and lawyers, the other seventy five percent grow up to be thugs. Couples are cheating on each other, because affairs are a part of life. Men are getting married to avoid being alone, and women strive to become trophy wives.
That’s why gratitude is so laughable, saying thank you is more of a hoax. “You’re welcome” is more of a reflex, and ” I love you” has become a complete joke. I’m…
View original post 233 more words
In mellow of eventide Night scatters aural I meander in moonlight's breath Time is undefined in the night A delirious escape From day's restless spree. Moonbeams fragile rays Wrap my hair in silken gauze Jewelled stars begin to gleam Soaking my breath in amber scents Clouds cradle darkness As shadows bend and dim Unraveling Wyrd Under a mildewed marquee Where reveries bequeath Velvet hope. An emblazoned wind Spins aural Runes quiver..
The Sunshine Blogger is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for bringing creativity, positivity and sunshine into the lives of readers.
I am very thankful to Yuu Lye – A Qoder Blog for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Yuu is a really positive, warm, and authentic person out here in WP land, and his blog has lots of insightful ways to improve your blog from a coding perspective! He also has been a really amazing voice of encouragement to me as I struggle with my usual self doubt, criticism, and whatnot. I’m grateful for our connection here on WP, and this nomination came at a time when I was once again wondering why I even blog. Thank you so much Yuu!
Questions & Answers
- What can I call you? (real/internet name)
- Call me Daina (it is said like Dana, the i confuses everyone and I get called Diana hahahaha)
- What does it mean?
- It generally means an extra letter that confuses everyone, much like my personality. Just kidding. I think it means something about Charity…I forget now! I remember looking up Dana once and it said “From Denmark” which has absolutely nothing to do with me.
- What is your site name?
- Our Beautiful Lies
- What does it mean?
- To me, my site is about the lies I tell myself and everyone around me. Lies have a bad connotation, yet the truth is we all don’t entirely know our own truth. A Beautiful Lie is another way of describing a metaphor. I believe metaphors are keys to understanding the truth we do not understand. Lies lead to truth, I suppose 🙂
- What is your blog description?
- I don’t really have a description, but I do see myself growing my site into a community of women writers who are all working to break down the lies they tell themselves and each other. I am tired of shame and guilt keeping us in silence, and I have no probably babbling about myself, and I’d like to encourage as many people as possible to do the same. There is so much beauty within each of us, and it is time we stop lying to ourselves about it!
- How important is it for you a blog description?
- Right now, I am just writing to get my voice back. I need to get a better Marketing strategy and everything together, but right now, consistency and discipline are my main focus 🙂
- When did you start blogging?
- I started blogging on July 18, 2016. I was so tired of being miserable and thinking about my dream of becoming a writer, so one day I started writing. Woo!
- What kind of content do you like to read from a blog? (Music, humor, religion, tech, tips, or something like that with explanation)
- Everything. I am a voracious reader. I have no rhyme or reason to what I read, I just love to read anything that is insightful or inspiring or funny or some way interesting!
- What does like mean to you?
- It means someone took the time to push a button to indicate positive feedback and I appreciate it deeply.
- What does comment mean to you?
- It means someone took the time to share their thoughts on my writing, and I appreciate it deeply
- Create a question on your own and answer it!
- Where do you see yourself in 1-5 years?
- Writing and giving seminars. Fully believing in myself and my abilities and creating a life around healing, yoga, writing, and being what I am meant to become 🙂
- Where do you see yourself in 1-5 years?
Thank you again to Yuu, and my nominees for the inspiration, support, and love. So happy to be part of the WP family, and so humbled to be selected for an award. Hope this brings some Sunshine to you all 😀 Happy Friday, y’all.